Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Educational uses of Second Life

Another video showcasing the educational possibilities of using Second Life for learning.

The video doesn't mention the potential for mixing with more undesirable folk (naked furries for example) and this is one of the downsides of the SL experience. However, I think that the negatives of SL will be corrected over time. The technology is still young, and it's hard to deny that learning possibilities exist in virtual worlds.

I'll be subscribing to the learning blog www.karlkapp.blogspot.com as well.

2 comments:

Karl Kapp said...

Laura,

Thanks for the "shout out" glad you found my blog and I hope you find it informative and useful.

Karl

Laura Jaffrey said...

My pleasure, Karl. Your blog is right up my alley. Glad to have found it.

Laura