Sunday, July 15, 2007

Using Mediawiki for knowledgework wiki

We changed our business wiki from wikispaces to mediawiki today. As a background, we have been experimenting with a wiki and have found it quite useful. In our case, my partner and I work in different locations, so it is helpful to keep information stored on one site. We have been using the wiki to collaborate about ideas and information related to marketing, technology and other topics pertinent to knowledgework.

Some of the ways I have been using the wiki for work have been to store information I am learning via webinars, reading material and podcasts in one site. I add links, type and capture screenshots of key information and store it for future reference. This definitely beats saving info in files on my computer!

No comments: