Thursday, June 14, 2007

Joined Squidoo and other bits of info

Today I finally got around to creating a lens on Squidoo. For anyone who has not yet heard of this new web 2.0 tool, it is a portal where you can market anything you are passionate about. You can make it an information site, a place to draw traffic to your website or blog, or a place to earn some money. Here's mine. I haven't done much with it, but I would like my squidoo 'lens' to serve two purposes: be a resource for technical communicators and raise awareness about my services.

Also, for technical writers out there, you may find the following article, Technical writers may shape future of American lit, of interest. Two statements I agree with in the article are: "I think in the technical writing world, we are trying to create a one-to-one correspondence to reality," (yep) and "observe, observe, observe with all your senses. And document." Quite succinct about what it is we actually do methinks.

No comments: